A Message from Dr. Bill Mott, Head of School
I want to begin by thanking you for your patience and especially for the trust you place in us. The faculty and staff at PCA are committed to making these weeks as meaningful as possible for our students. I am truly inspired by their commitment and their dedication to making the PCA distance learning experience the best it can possibly be. We are all working together to learn new methods for instruction and we are dedicated to helping our students and families with the new distance learning model. In a recent message to our faculty, I shared a favorite scripture from Ecclesiastes about the strength of three strands is not easily broken. We are thankful for our families and our students and we will do all we can to finish the 2019-2020 academic year strong!
Question: When I’m in Google Classroom and open an assignment or chat I’m told that I do not have permission to the document/chat or “needs admin approval, contact admin”.
Answer: Even though you may be logged in using your PCA account and it is showing in the top right corner you may also have one (or even several) other Google/Gmail accounts that are running/saved in the background.
- Log out of every Google account, including PCA’s or any personal account
- Log back in only using your PCA account
- Go into Google Classroom and click on the assignment that was not previously available. It should now be there.
Question: As a parent can I log in using my student’s Google Classroom code to join my son/daughter’s class so I can follow along with them?
Answer: No. Please do not add yourself to their classes. Here’s what to do:
- For upper school students, ask your teacher to invite you in as your son/daughter’s guardian. This will give you a weekly report summary of the work they are accomplishing. You will need a Gmail address to be able to do this.
- For lower school students, please log in using the Gmail account your student is using to monitor their progress.
Question: How do I unenroll from a Google Classroom if I need to?
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In. Sign in with your Google Account.
- Click Menu. Classes.
- On the class, click More. Unenroll.
- To confirm, click Unenroll.
Question: I cannot remember my @providencechristian.com email address or password. How do I find it?
Answer: We are glad to help! Use the form below to send an email to email@example.com. We will work to quickly to make your email address functional again.
Question: I have a question for the front desk staff. How do I get in touch with them?
Answer: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!