Our Pre-K program will offer your child the opportunity to grow and develop in a loving, safe, Christ-centered environment. We will build skills through hands-on learning, centers, and a themed-based curriculum with age appropriate activities. Our classical approach to education is evident in our bible curriculum, where children commit to memory a specific character trait of God for each of the 26 letters of the alphabet. Children learn through “play” and our daily activities will consist of stories, art and music experiences, building relationships, and exploring God’s world. We work closely with our established PCA Kindergarten program to ensure your child makes a smooth transition. Providence Christian Academy’s mission is to teach students to seek God’s truth and equip them with the tools for a lifetime of learning. It is our desire to equip our ‘Little Lions’ not just for kindergarten, but to encourage them to love learning for a lifetime.
Quick Facts About PCA’s Pre-K Program
- Ages Served: Children should be 4 years old on or before September 30th
- Operation: 5 days per week, following year round schedule
- Pre-K Program: 8:00 – 12:00 a.m. (doors open at 7:30)
- Pre-K After Care: 12:15 – 3:15 p.m. (billed separate from tuition)
- Extended Care beyond the usual 3:15p.m. pick up time is an additional fee. 5:00 p.m. is the latest pick-up time for Pre-K students.
- Small class size- limit 12 children with certified teachers and assistant
- Focus on academic readiness for Providence’s Kindergarten Program
- Daily music and art activities
- Attends weekly school-wide chapel services
- Participates in special events…bike day, field day, spirit week, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring programs, Grandparent’s Day
- Variety of weekly guest speakers from community, parent volunteers, school leaders, & PCA school students
- Participates in on-campus service projects
- Age-appropriate, private playground area