Our Pre-K program will offer your child the opportunity to grow and develop in a loving, safe, Christ-centered environment. We will build skills through hands-on learning, centers, and a themed-based curriculum with age appropriate activities. Our classical approach to education is evident in our Bible curriculum, where children commit to memory a specific character trait of God for each of the 26 letters of the alphabet. Children learn through “play” and our daily activities will consist of stories, art and music experiences, building relationships, and exploring God’s world. We work closely with our established PCA Kindergarten program to ensure your child makes a smooth transition.
Providence Christian Academy’s mission is to teach students to seek God’s truth and equip them with the tools for a lifetime of learning. It is our desire to equip our ‘Little Lions’ not just for kindergarten, but to encourage them to love learning for a lifetime.
Quick Facts About PCA’s Pre-K Program
- Ages Served: Children should be 4 years old on or before August 30th
- Operation: 5 or 3 days per week, following year round schedule
- Pre-K Program: 8:00 – 12:00 p.m. (before care is available from 7:15-7:45 am at no additional charge)
- Pre-K After Care: 12:15 – 3:15 p.m. (billed separate from tuition)
- Extended Care beyond the usual 3:15 p.m. pick up time is an additional fee. 5:00 p.m. is the latest pick-up time for Pre-K students.
- Small class size- limit 12 children with certified teachers and assistant
- Focus on academic readiness for Providence’s Kindergarten Program
- Daily music and art activities
- Attends weekly school-wide chapel services
- Participates in special events…bike day, field day, spirit week, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring programs, Grandparent’s Day
- Variety of weekly guest speakers from community, parent volunteers, school leaders, & PCA school students
- Participates in on-campus service projects
- Age-appropriate, private playground area
Pre-K Admissions Process:
*We encourage parents to schedule a school tour through our Admissions office, email@example.com or 615-904-0902.
*After prayerful consideration, please submit an application, an application fee of $95 per student and other required entrance materials (copy of the birth certificate, copy of the immunization record, recent picture of the applicant).
*After receiving the information listed above, we will schedule a family interview. During the family interview, we will discuss topics within the Parent Handbook, the philosophy of PCA and also conduct a brief assessment of your child’s skills.
*After the screening and family interview, PCA administration will review all information and make a decision as to admittance. The PCA office will notify the parents in writing with a decision regarding acceptance. Upon acceptance, a tuition deposit is required to hold a student’s position at PCA.