Last year, 90% of eligible Providence Christian Academy families returned to our school for this current year. We tried to make the re-enrollment process as user-friendly as possible, introducing “New Online Re-enrollment.” While our families universally loved this program and it worked well, we weren’t quite satisfied. We challenged ourselves to do better. We wanted to make things even easier for PCA families and reward such great school loyalty. And that’s what led to this year’s launch of Continuous Enrollment.
What is Re-Enrollment?Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the current student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to school next year?” For our leadership team at Providence Christian Academy, we need to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
Why Does Re-Enrollment Matter? And why do we go through this every year?PCA leadership does a lot of planning to ensure that we’re prepared to fulfill our mission excellently every year. Until PCA families “sign on the line” that they’re coming back each year, we can’t make solid plans for staffing, programs, materials, curriculum and facility usage. We take the stewardship of tuition dollars entrusted to us every year very seriously. We want to invest these tuition dollars wisely so that we can provide the best education possible for our students.
Why Continuous Enrollment?Continuous Enrollment (CE) allows Providence Christian Academy to better fulfill our purpose and mission in the lives of students. When students are continuously enrolled, from their initial enrollment until they graduate from PCA, the continuous enrollment process lets us maximize our resources to provide Classical Christian education to our families at the highest level of excellence.
Continuous Enrollment Dates At-a-Glance:
- January 1: Tuition Assistance applications may be submitted through FACTS.
- January 10: Tuition for the following academic year posted to PCA website.
- February 1: Continuous Enrollment contracts emailed to current families.
- February 28/29: Any changes in enrollment plans must be submitted to PCA Admission Office.
- March 1: Tuition Deposit billed to FACTS account for following academic year.
- June 1: Tuition penalty will be assessed for any withdraws on or after this date.
What’s the penalty if I break the continuous enrollment contract?PCA families that are re-enrolled, but break the contract by withdrawing their students after June 1st will be contractually obligated to pay an additional 5% of the following year’s tuition. While the penalty may seem steep, by this date PCA administration has effectively planned for staffing and curriculum for the following academic year.
I’m planning on keeping my child/ren at PCA until college. What if God has other plans for my family? Are there unique circumstance for this case?We have built flexibility into the continuous enrollment contract. The following unique circumstances, for families withdrawing after June 1st, will be considered for exemption of the 5% tuition penalty:
- Moving/Relocation 25+ miles away from Providence Christian Academy.
- Educational needs for the student that can no longer be met at Providence Christian Academy as determined by Administration.
- Other circumstances as approved by the PCA Admission Committee in conjunction w/ Administration.