Giving to PCA
Providence Christian Academy has been founded on the sacrificial gifts of others and we are grateful for every donor who has given to both the PCA Annual Fund and the Limitless/ Phase 2 Capital Campaign. It is these sacrifices that have been instrumental in setting a pattern of faithful giving.
Why give to PCA?
Providence Christian Academy is a non-profit classical Christian school. PCA receives no outside funding and we rely on the support of our families and supporters to help meet operational costs each year. At PCA, we encourage every family take part in the blessing of giving.
Each year, our goal is to have 100% of our families participate in giving to both the Annual Fund and the Limitless/ Phase 2 Capital Campaign.
GIVING TO THE PCA ANNUAL FUND
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MY FAMILY IS ALREADY PAYING TUITION . . . WHAT DOES MY CHILD GET WHEN WE MAKE FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO PCA?
COULD PCA OPERATE ON TUITION ALONE?
- Your financial contribution to the PCA Annual Fund supports the people and programs that make PCA the great school that it is: talented teachers, small classes, library and instructional resources, technology advancements, enriching arts and athletics programs to name a few. Each year, approximately 10% of the operating budget comes from Annual Fund contributions that directly support every aspect of school life. PCA relies on a combination of tuition income, charitable donations, and income from auxiliary programs to balance its annual budget.
IF INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS WERE RUN MORE LIKE BIG BUSINESS, COULDN’T THEY CHARGE THE FULL COST AND AVOID HAVING TO ASK FOR GIFTS?
- Not without looking significantly different. It would be much more difficult for us to live out our mission. Essentials like low student-to-teacher ratios, faculty and curriculum development, improved technology, library resources, a thriving arts program, and athletic equipment – all integral components to our varied and robust program would be compromised. Charitable gifts are a necessary part of every independent school’s healthy financial profile.
HOW MUCH SHOULD I GIVE TO THE ANNUAL FUND AND HOW MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE CAN MY GIFT REALLY MAKE?
- PCA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit institution. Unlike a for-profit business, which aims to make money, PCA’s goal is to provide our students with the very best educational experience. By nature, high-quality schools are labor-intensive and people-oriented. In order to provide the best programs and compensation to our outstanding faculty and staff, we continually evaluate and assess tuition increases, auxiliary programs like Summer Camp, and effective fundraising initiatives. And unlike tuition, contributions to Annual Fund are fully tax-deductible allowing each family to give at a meaningful level to which they are able.
SHOULD I GIVE IF I RECEIVE TUITION ASSISTANCE?
- Ideally, current parents identify PCA as one of their top philanthropic priorities and recognize that their contributions make a significant impact. Annual Fund gifts range from $20 to over $20,000. We encourage families to consider giving to The 1996 Society with levels at $500 to $15,000 or more, if they are able. Leadership gifts ensure that we raise the necessary additional funds for our students above and beyond what tuition covers to support our program, faculty, and facilities.
- Our school has fewer supporters than larger K-12 independent schools or universities, and therefore it is even more critical to have a higher percentage of supporters. Your gift, when added to those of many other supporters, can have a dramatic impact. Your participation encourages others to give and sends a message to our community that PCA makes a difference. Every gift counts! Every gift matters!
WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT: THE ANNUAL FUND OR THE VARIOUS FUNFRAISING EVENTS DURING THE YEAR?
- Even though many families make financial sacrifices to pay their tuition, it is still important for every member of our community to participate in the Annual Fund at some level.
WHEN SHOULD I MAKE MY ANNUAL FUND GIFT OR PLEDGE?
- They are both important, and they serve the same purposes. There are two ways in which we ask for your support. One is through direct gifts – we communicate with you through personal visit, correspondence, or phone and ask directly for your support. The fundraising events are held in an anticipation of your support and participation in the event – thus supporting the Annual Fund.
IS PCA ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYER MATCHING GIFTS?
- The earlier we receive your gift, the earlier we can put it to work for all our students. We encourage all families to make their gift as soon as possible. Contributions are accepted until June 30.
- Yes! PCA is grateful to the many corporations that support us through generous matching gift programs. Please ask your employer about Matching Gift Programs that support K–12 schools. This is a great way to double and sometimes triple your gift to PCA.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE PCA ANNUAL FUND. TOGETHER, WITH GOD’S GRACE, WE CAN IMPACT THE WORLD ONE STUDENT AT A TIME!
Click here to give an online gift to PCA.
Click here to learn more about ways to give to PCA.
2 Corinthians 9:6-11
Remember this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver and God is able to make grace abound to you, so that in all things, at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: “He has scattered abroad His gifts to the poor; His righteousness endures forever.” Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.