We are regularly asked about what different giving opportunities and methods are available. Here are some suggestions for you to consider. Please check with your tax advisor to see which one might be a good fit for you.
- Cash: The simplest and most common gift is a gift of cash. For income tax purposes, a cash gift is deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Stock: Gifts of long-term appreciated securities offer multiple tax savings for the donor.
- Real Estate: A charitable gift of real estate can be particularly tax-advantageous.
- Bequests: Donors may include PCA in their estate plans. Some bequests may result in tax benefits.
- Insurance: By naming PCA as a beneficiary and/or owner of a life insurance policy, you may achieve tax advantages without compromising the primary obligation of protecting loved ones.
- Stock Options: This is an excellent option for the corporate executive.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Trust payments are made to PCA for a period of years, with the trust principal returning to the donors or heirs.
- Matching Gifts: Many corporations will match charitable gifts made by their employees.
PCA also offers the option automatic withdrawals from a checking or savings account to make it easier on you.
If you have any questions on these gift options, please contact Bette McFarland, Development Director at (615)904-0902 ext. 206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.